Vancouver Island Hybrid Battery Repair and Replacement
Cowichan Auto Repair is Vancouver Island’s only hybrid and EV center. We specialize in the repair and servicing of such popular Hybrid vehicles like: Toyota Prius, Honda Accord Hybrid, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid, Toyota Avalon, Renault Twizy, Hyundai Sonata, Chevrolet Volt, Ford C-Max, Kia Optima, Honda CR-Z, Smart ForTwo, Ford C-Max Energi, Honda Insight. We can do anything from regular services, to major repair. Our exclusive, patented technology allows us to service and repair every hybrid and electric component of your vehicle including High Voltage Battery – the most expensive part of your Hybrid or EV. We use factory diagnostics equipment which allows us to perform dealer level tasks and specially designed hybrid and EV diagnostics and repair equipment that exceeds by far dealer ability to diagnose and repair. If need be, we can also do Hybrid battery replacement. Our technicians are The Hybrid Shop certified in addition to ASE and proud of their expertise.
Call Us at Cowichan Auto Repair
Or CLICK HERE to Book Online
At Cowichan Auto Repair, we offer a comprehensive line of hybrid maintenance services to keep your hybrid running like new. As the only hybrid repair shops for customers on Vancouver Island, we pride ourselves on quality maintenance services that are done to improve the performance of your hybrid vehicle, including hybrid battery repair and hybrid battery replacement.
Hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) combine an internal combustion engine and one or more electric motors. The benefits of hybrid cars are numerous. Hybrids use several tricks of the trade in order to improve fuel economy and emissions, including using specially designed tires and wheels, lighter body styles, regenerative braking, and engine start and stop features, among others. Hybrid gasoline engines (ICEs) feature electronic throttle controls, variable valve timing, lean burn combustion designs, which makes them more complex, and more challenging to repair and service. Despite the sophisticated nature of hybrid systems, technicians should be qualified for routine hybrid vehicle service before you trust them to handle your hybrid repairs and services.
As trusted hybrid mechanics, we offer:
- High Voltage Diagnostic Service
- Power and energy testing of the high voltage battery
- Electrical and diagnostic inspection of hybrid transmission, rotor and stator of the hybrid drive motor and generator
- Test and analyze transmission drive motor/power inverter system
- Test and analyze hybrid charging system (DC to DC convertor)
- Inspection of all cabling from battery packs for breakage, cuts, and wear
- Hybrid Battery Repair
- Power and energy of hybrid battery system, bringing battery to zero state-of-charge (cycling battery) and bringing battery back up to the proper, full state-of-charge
- Includes inspecting all cabling from battery packs for breakage, cuts, and wear
- Includes two cycles
- High Voltage Cable Inspection and Repair
- Cables are vital to ensure efficient operation of your hybrid vehicle
- Inspect all cabling from the battery packs for breakage, cuts, or wear
- Repair and replace cables as needed
- Price may vary with parts required and labor time
- Hybrid Service
Our service staff can perform diagnostic services to pinpoint the exact problem plaguing your hybrid vehicle. With our service, you will experience increased fuel economy, vehicle performance, and cost savings. We have years of experience with hybrid maintenance. Stop by to get your hybrid serviced or give us a call to schedule an appointment.